DeployCentral

Windows 10 1st boot langage selector

Dozer

hi everyone, 

we are new users of Smart Deploy currently testing our 1st image to be deployed to 150 teaching lab machines. So far so good, I've created a basic Win10 Ent image (with nothing else on it, I wanted it to be light for speed of transfer for testing, once we are happy, will add all our application and it should be around 80-90gb). The problem I have is it seems like once SmartDeploy is done pushing the image to a client pc, and runs sysprep, on the 1st boot, the 1st user who gets to log on the machine is prompted to choose what language Windows will be (french, english, spanish) for all users... just as the computer was taken out of the box and booted for the 1st time... 

I need to be able to push my image to 150 machines and then deepfeeze them once it's done, I don't want to have to walk to and log on to each and every one of them manually, once, to go through this language selection. Is there a solution for that ? 

thanks! 

Hi Dozer,

Thanks for reaching out. Language selection is one of the standard options in Deploy Wizard which can be configured with a SmartDeploy Answer File - your language selection should be passed through to Windows without any part of the OOBE wizard appearing. So this is unexpected behavior. We'll want to take a look at a logset from this deployment and see what went on here - please expect an email from us shortly.

Glenn
SmartDeploy Support

@Dozer Here is the code in the answer file that specifies region info:

<regional_settings skip="0">
	<time_zone>(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US and Canada)</time_zone>
	<input_locale>English (United States)</input_locale>
</regional_settings>

This came from lines 37 to 40 in the answer file. This can be done in the wizard as well (3rd from the last option).

Obviously change the info as needed.