DeployCentral

SmartDeploy Server Slowness

Good afternoon.

We are running SmartDeploy on a 2012 R2 server and when navigating in the SD Window, it is laggy. Esp in the Computers window. The server has 16GB ram and running on a 1Gb ethernet. It is NOT a server by itself but virtualized. Is this the cause of the slowness? Could someone please offer any tweaks or recommendations to help the performance?

Also we are using Sophos for our AV solution.

Thank you,
Aaron

Hello Aaron@Shared,

Can you try disabling Sophos to see if it produces better results?

Then for further troubleshooting, please go ahead and reach out to support either via email, (support@smartdeploy.com) or submit a ticket here

Thanks,

SmartDeploy Support

• 2 months later...

Aaron ... did you get anywhere with this?  I have the same complaint.  I don't know the VM specs off-hand, but it's super slow scrolling.Aaron ... did you get anywhere with this?  I have the same complaint.  I don't know the VM specs off-hand, but it's super slow scrolling.

No because I have -10000% control over the servers. But its very slow scrolling, searching for a PC. Oh and don't get me started, downloading a driver pack will sometimes freeze at 51%. If it were up to me, it would be running on a non-VMed 2019 server outside of the internal network. So thus...I doubt that SmartDeploy plays any part in this. Its my server/virus protection thats causing my issues.

However :( my IT manager wants us to get a tool that does EVERYTHING all in one. Imaging, auditing of hardware and software, software install, etc.