DeployCentral

PDQ SD Client Install?

Mikules

So you can deploy the SD Client out to any machine easily using PDQ but there doesn't appear to be a way to tell each PC the Host name. Even with GPO you still need ot visit each machine manually to update that xml file. Anyone find a better way of doing this? Can't fly to London and update 300 machines manually - looks like I'll have to remote to every C: drive and updated the xml file at this point...

Hi there,

There is a script to automate this process - you can review Network Deployment starting on P. 39 in the User's Guide. The section on deploying with Group Policy (which includes the script that you can download and modify to specify the host name) is on P. 43.

If you have any questions or issues, please feel free to reach out to support (at) smartdeploy.com.

SmartDeploy Support Team

TECH RESOURCES

SmartDeploy User Guides

DeployCentral Forum

Platform Pack RSS

SOCIAL

SpiceworksTwitterfacebookyoutube

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same issue. Is there a command line that can be executed on each target computer from PDQ Deploy (not group policy) that will tell each PC the Host name.  I have copied the SD Client to all my target computers but I still have to remote in to launch the client and enter the Host name.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old topic, but to help anyone else out who may run across this thread, here's a PDQ KB article talking about how to use the MST file in the PDQ package: https://support.pdq.com/knowledge-base/1228. I'm successfully pushing out the SD Agent via PDQ using this.

@Jason N It would be nice if the SD User Guide mentioned the MSI silent install arguments, so I would've known about the CONSOLEHOST parameter. I have it working using the PDQ KB article I mentioned in my previous post, which works fine. I've attached a screenshot of my PDQ package which uses the MSI and MST file (which includes the console name--and maybe other settings?)

Screenshot.png