DeployCentral

Deployment issues

teckie

I keep running into 2 problems when attempting to use this software. One i can never map the drive on the machine. I can do it on other machines that are already running the os, however i always get either error number 67 or 12xx etc.

Also it never completes, it gets all the way through the cycle, and deploys the software, but then it reboots and starts installing the drviers and it crashes saying it needs to reboot, then it comes back up and says it unexpectedly rebooted.

suggestions?

I keep running into 2 problems when attempting to use this software. One i can never map the drive on the machine. I can do it on other machines that are already running the os, however i always get either error number 67 or 12xx etc.

Also it never completes, it gets all the way through the cycle, and deploys the software, but then it reboots and starts installing the drviers and it crashes saying it needs to reboot, then it comes back up and says it unexpectedly rebooted.

suggestions?

Hi,

For the network mapping ensure that the machine you are trying to map from has a valid IP, you will see this in the lower right hand corner of a machine booted to the SmartDeploy Boot Environment. If the machine doesn't have an IP address please ensure that you used the correct Platform Pack when creating the boot media. If the IP looks good check that you are connecting to the \\servername\share. If using something like DFS you will not be able to hit the friendly name, you will need the server name as the machine is not domain joined. For advanced diagnostics you can cancel out of the Deploy Wizard and hit Shift + F10 on the main screen, i.e. the one that says Deploy an image, Settings, and Exit. This will open a command prompt where you can try to ping the server you are trying to connect to.

In regards to the 2nd error it sounds like the Microsoft System Preparation Tool (sysprep) is failing. Unfortunately there are a number of reasons why it could fail, you can find a list of common reasons here:http://deploycentral.com/index.php?/forum/15-smartdeploy-enterprise/. The exact error message that is being reported before the machine reboots will be helpful in identifying the root cause.

Thanks,

Erik

• 2 weeks later...

suggestions?

I had the same problem with our image saying it needed to reboot after deployment and then it crashed. I noticed that I ran windows update and shut down my VM and captured. The update needed a reboot. I would check your image to make sure there are no updates that require a reboot and then capture again.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I also am receiving the error 67 when I try to add a network share. I am booting pxe so I obviously am not having an issue connecting to the network because it boots the Win PE just fine. I have also tried this with the thumb drive boot media and had the same result. Any ideas or suggestions would be very helpful.

• 3 months later...
On 3/21/2017 at 0:37 PM, DevinM said:

I also am receiving the error 67 when I try to add a network share. I am booting pxe so I obviously am not having an issue connecting to the network because it boots the Win PE just fine. I have also tried this with the thumb drive boot media and had the same result. Any ideas or suggestions would be very helpful.

also having this issue at the moment... frustrating... I was working fine most of the day yesterday and all of a sudden computers can't map the drive