DeployCentral

Offline Deployment Issue

So...got a new model laptop in the district.  Latitude 5420.  Downloaded the Platform Pack and rebuilt all of our deployment packages (console and USB).  I have about 12 application packs as part of the deployment as well.  I fire up a new 5420, jump in the BIOS and change from RAID to AHCI, reboot to USB drive.  It will run through the imaging process, joins domain, installs a few of the application packages, but then just stops.  Seems like it's the last part of the process (application packs).  Always stops after the 4th (?) app pack.  It seemed like maybe a chrome app pack issue, but I edited the .xml file and changed the position of the chrome installer (4th to 12th).  Still stops installing after the same app pack.  Then it will throw an Unrecognized USB device error continuously.  I've tried 4 different flash drives and always does the same thing.  I have the latest platform pack for the 5420 (I haven't tried these flash drives on another model yet, but I suddenly have 50 of these 5420's NIB to image asap), but also noticed when I run Windows Update (after imaging and after the app pack installs fail) there are a number of driver updates waiting.  Any input would be appreciated.  Apologize if I'm missing any important info.

Hello Bond,

I am having similar issues as you are with one of my new model laptop, the Lenovo 13W. Have they contact back to you and have you gotten that issue resolved? If you did resolve this issue I would like to know the steps you took to solved it.

Thank you,

Khangpao 

I've heard from them.  Thus far they checked my logs and didn't see an imaging event showing up in the logs.  My server was a version or two behind, so I updated the server, rebuilt the answer file and deployment packages.  Still having some issue so I want to get on-site, with the server, and try imaging on-site to eliminate the firewalls between where I am and where the server is.  That where it stands for now.

Thanks for replying back! We are on-site and our devices would go through the image process and would pull none of our application packs at all. If we were to manually deploying the applications it would stop after 2-3 applications packs leaving out 4-5 other applications packs. Let me know if you figure something out. Thank you!

I've been imaging mostly with flash drives setup for office deployment.  The image would work, answer file settings would work and a few of my app packs would install, but not all of them.  I also, currently, haven't been able to deploy from console.  Trying to get over to the site the server's on to test a little and rebuild my flash drives to see if/how things work and get back to support with what I find.  Glad I'm not the only one.