DeployCentral

Slow Cloud Deployments

helpdeskIT

Hi Guys,

I'm fairly new to SmartDeploy but have used competitors in the past so I'm familiar with the technology used. My question though is about the speed of the cloud image process, are they typically this slow? My target laptop is barely hitting 500Kbs down at times and most of the time hovers around 30-50Kbs. I know this is not a bandwidth issue but I cant seem to find a reason for the snails pace it takes. I am hoping to move away from how we currently image our machines and really would prefer cloud deployments but if the speed is so low I dont know if I can justify it. Has anyone ran into this before or know what I should look into to find a cause? Like I said, everything works it's just painfully slow.

Also I apologize if this questions been asked, I ran a quick search and didnt see anything but I'll remove it if there is one.

Hello,

We have seen this issue sometimes - generally, if there is an issue accessing a particular cloud provider due to an API change, we address it in a subsequent SmartDeploy version, so I would suggest that you update to the latest version and recreate your media, and see whether the slow connection persists.

I might also suggest that you try one of the other supported cloud providers besides whichever one you're trying - they all generally offer a free tier, so you would be able to see if you're getting better bandwidth on another provider before purchasing.

All I can say with certainty is that it's definitely possible to get much faster speeds than that for cloud operations on all of our supported platforms, and it sounds like something may be interfering with your connection - I would suggest checking antivirus and firewall settings, making sure there isn't any sort of bandwidth limit applied to unauthenticated endpoints, etc.

If you have any specific questions or want us to take a look at logs, feel free to reach out to support@smartdeploy.com.

Glenn
SmartDeploy Support