DeployCentral

Way to create the Smart deploy image so that Reset this PC can be used?

Dayne

So my boss recently tried to reset one of the Windows 10 PC's that had been smart deployed and realized that it wouldn't work. Now I have been tasked with looking into seeing if there is a way to setup our image or what so that after the fact if we needed to, we could use the reset this PC function. Is this possible?

It should work, WinRE just needs to be working.  So long as the VM your image was created from was a clean install of Windows 10 from a Microsoft .iso for the version of Windows 10 you want it to be.  If the VM was upgraded from one version of Windows 10 to another, then that can make WinRE not work.

Check it with "reagentc /info" from the command line.

If you still have issues, contact us at support @ smartdeploy.com

• 2 weeks later...

So it's odd, I have the Windows RE enabled and shows as working in my Golden image, but when I image a machine that I have pulled from that, it is showing as not enabled, but then when I attempt to enable it, it is unable to do so as there is no Recovery partition. So it seems like Smart deploy isn't pulling that part over? 

Could depend on what version of Windows 10 it is, if it was upgraded, how it was captured.  Please open a support ticket with us and we'll help you get to the bottom of it.

https://support.smartdeploy.com/support/tickets/new