DeployCentral

License server connection problem

Nate

We have recently upgraded to V3 and now have an error that we have not seen before.  "The smartdeploy instance has not been able to establish communication with the smartdeploy license server for more than 30 days.  Please contact your account manager or sales.”

We are deploying Windows 10 via a USB stick that processes an answer file with references to the image in OneDrive.  Our SmartDeploy server is running on a VM on-prem.  This has worked for years on v2.  Can someone help with what's going on here?  Thx.

We're in touch with Nate via email, but for anyone else who runs into this issue:

Update to the latest version of SmartDeploy, recreate your media, and retry deployment. If the issue persists, grab a logset from the same PE session (if you can) and email us at support@smartdeploy.com, or submit a ticket via the support form.

Glenn
SmartDeploy Support

• 2 weeks later...

This is a v3 bug that we are working to fix in the next release. It has to do with the length of time that has passed since the media was created.  For now, recreate your boot media via the Media Wizard and boot from it. You should not receive that error anymore. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Devon

SmartDeploy Support

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm seeing this problem when just trying to go into the console. I'm on 3.0.1050 - so it isn't a version issue. And it won't even let me into the console to do anything, it just kicks me out. The system is on a wide-open internet connection with no filters or blocking - so what can be causing this? It's very inconvenient, I have a need to image a bunch of machines and I'm stuck.