DeployCentral

Error on Imaging

Aaron@Shared

I am noticing an odd error when imaging thru the Console. It has just happened recently and not sure what the change is. Here is the error:

n1Q9QmsaF9_2.jpg.8d0b28cc50da7c0101835359e21df89f.jpg

I am not sure the cause and it is not preventing any imaging. But want to know why.

Specs:
SmartDeploy version 2.0.3080
Windows 2012 R2 (slow)
image.png.adb0128a11452437a4a26f33d4494f0f.png

Thanks,

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

This appears to be a photo of a WindowsPE environment - is that right? So if I understand the issue correctly, you're still able to initiate deployments from the console, and your endpoints reboot into SmartPE, but then they throw this error? Does Deploy Wizard launch and does the deployment proceed, or does it halt with this error?

If you click Deploy an image, does the deployment proceed?

From the text of the error, I'd say the most likely issue here is a syntax problem in your answer file. Try re-running Answer File Wizard to create a brand new one (do not edit the previous one), then re-run Media Wizard to recreate your deployment package, and then retry deployment.

Feel free to reach out to support if you have any questions - support@smartdeploy.com.

Glenn
SmartDeploy Support

Hi Aaron,

Ah, you had referred to imaging "through the Console" so I assumed you meant console-initiated deployment (from the Computer Management view). I'd suggest you try the same thing for WDS - build a new answer file, build new WDS boot media, replace the boot image in the Boot Images node on the WDS server, and retry deployment.

If the issue persists, go ahead and pull a logset (you can do this by booting back to your SmartDeploy media, canceling any pending deployment, and clicking Collect Logs. Save the zip file to an external location (such as a USB stick), and submit it via the Support Form here:

https://support.smartdeploy.com/support/tickets/new

Glenn
SmartDeploy Support