DeployCentral

Single Console?

All,

I was wondering if there was a way to install the console on other PCs than the main server, then point all of the consoles to the main server? I would like not to have multiple remote sessions in to the server, as I would prefer my colleagues to have their own console they can use to image PCs. Is this possible?

Hi Chris,

SmartDeploy is licensed per deployed endpoint, so there is no licensing restriction that would prevent you from installing the SmartDeploy console on multiple computers.

As for "pointing to the main server", that is not functionality that exists in the console. Each console exists independently, and will display whatever files are in the SmartDeploy directory (C:\SmartDeploy by default). You can copy files from one console computer to another, if for instance you wanted to have the same OS image (.wim) file on both consoles, or use the same answer file, that sort of thing.

Any given SmartDeploy client (installed on an endpoint in your environment) can only be pointed at one specific console at a time. So whichever console you specified (using hostname or IP) at the time you installed the client, that is the one where it will appear, in the Computer Management view. If you need to switch a client so that it is pointing to a different console (by hostname or IP), we can provide a script that will allow you to make this change easily per-endpoint.

If you have any questions, feel free to submit a support ticket here.

Glenn
SmartDeploy Support

• 1 year later...

Hi Steve,

I'll reach out to you via email about the script. Just to answer your question for the room: only one console hostname or IP can be specified for the client - it is not possible to specify both.

Glenn
SmartDeploy Support