DeployCentral

Platform Pack Library Location

Chris

Hi,

I'm wondering if it's possible to change the platform pack library location? We have our platform packs and images on a DFS share replicating between our sites in the UK an the USA.

Ideally i want to point it at the shared folder so it can update the platform packs and they then get replicated automatically. Currently i'm updating them on my local machine and then manually copying them to the DFS share to be replicated to our other sites.

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

By design, the SmartDeploy console libraries must be in a [Drive]:\SmartDeploy folder on a local hard drive. That said, there's no requirement that you use the console libraries at all - when you download your Platform Packs, they will go to the default folder in the SmartDeploy directory (\Platform Packs), but you can certainly move them to a network share after that. When you use Media Wizard to create SmartDeploy media, and you're prompted to specify Platform Packs, you would just need to browse to the location where your Platform Packs are stored. Ditto your images, if you plan to store those on a network share as well.

You'll need to test and make sure that you get reliable performance running through the usual SmartDeploy wizards with your files on a network share - we generally recommend keeping the files on a local hard drive when you're working with them (to avoid connectivity or authentication issues interfering with the process), but you may find that it works just fine in your network environment.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or issues - support (at) smartdeploy.com.

Regards,
Glenn

SmartDeploy Support Team

TECH RESOURCES

SmartDeploy User Guides

DeployCentral Forum

Platform Pack RSS

SOCIAL

SpiceworksTwitterfacebookyoutube