DeployCentral

Capturing GUID partition table disk

Hello - for various reasons to long to mention here, i have 2 vmdk's created by a non Smart Deploy trained user. Ive brought these into VM Workstation. On trying to capture the image, i get an error 'Capturing guid partiton table virtual disks is not currently supported'

IS there anyway around this? Either via Smart Deploy or VMworkstation 12 ? Im not able to convert the vm disk to mbr as its a system disk. If i change the VM to boot to BIOS, this fails, as mbr cant be found, Only boots to EFI.

Any idea's ? Do i have to rebuild my images - hope not . . . .

Windows 10 image

VMWorkstation 12

Smart Deploy 2.0.2050

Hello,

Unfortunately, SmartDeploy does not support capturing UEFI virtual machines. SmartDeploy supports deploying via BIOS or UEFI, just not capturing UEFI so you will have to recreate the VM.

Thanks,

SmartDeploy Support

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

(Passing thru) - I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) as long as you boot UEFI and setup, you're golden. If you're trying to set up the disk for GPT, shift+f10 (diskpart, convert GPT) after language selection. I haven't checked GUIDs, but my boots show up as UEFI (didn't have to do anything fancy VM - just add programs and capture)

• 2 months later...

I guess this is also why I am receiving this error with the Windows 10 Secure Host Baseline v10.1.0.

SmartDeploy sees the Virtual Disk partitions in both the VMWare and VirtualBox 5 reference images I made, all of them, but for some reason I consistently get the error:

"Unable to locate a system volume. At least one volume needs to contain an installation of Windows. Unable to continue. (Code: 1)

Just trying to get a working deployment method with DVD/BluRay for a closed system.