DeployCentral

Unable to open the Platform Pack. The platform pack may be corrupt

tbjorn81

Hi all!

New here and just installed Smartdeploy. I get an error message when am going to create a deplyment/boot media.

Running it on a Windows 10 and get errormessage "Unable to open the Platform Pack. The platform pack may be corrupt".

Have downloded the ppk again, and tried other packages, but gets the same errormessage.

Anyone has any ideas ?

error.jpg

Hello,

We have seen this is anti-virus is on the SmartDeploy host and/or if the host is not set to US/English.

Try disabling any anti-virus and changing the region/language to US/English and re-run Media Wizard. Let us know your results.

Thanks,

SmartDeploy Support

• 3 months later...

Definitely shows up as fully downloaded. I have deleted and re-downloaded several different Platform Packs with exactly the same outcome. I get the same pop up screen as tbjorn81 posted above.  Also as mentioned, I made sure my language and location settings were English/US and had my antivirus completely disabled. (at one time, I actually removed my antivirus, restarted and tried again with the same result)

Any other ideas I can try??

• 5 months later...

Stephen; is it any platform packs in particular or any one that you try to download? We've seen this issue before and it's often related to something on a particular system, or related to an internet proxy or other content filtering on the network. 

Please try installing SmartDeploy on a different system to rule out your workstation. (Remember that you may need to right-click the installer package, click Properties, and click Unblock before installing.) Alternatively, if you're on laptop and can enable a mobile hot spot on your phone you can eliminate your network as the culprit. 

On 13/10/2017 at 6:32 PM, Jeff Harris said:

Stephen; is it any platform packs in particular or any one that you try to download? We've seen this issue before and it's often related to something on a particular system, or related to an internet proxy or other content filtering on the network. 

Please try installing SmartDeploy on a different system to rule out your workstation. (Remember that you may need to right-click the installer package, click Properties, and click Unblock before installing.) Alternatively, if you're on laptop and can enable a mobile hot spot on your phone you can eliminate your network as the culprit. 

Thanks Jeff. I have managed to get them downloading now. It looks like it could've been a proxy issue. I am going to raise another post to see if anyone knows the URL's that need to be bypassed in our PAC file.

Thanks again.

Stephen

• 5 months later...

I too am getting this error on a new install.  When I continue the imaging process completes successfully.  I have tried changing the setting for 'Unknown platform action' to 'Do nothing and allow deployment to continue.'  Any suggestions?

image.thumb.png.ee88e3bf1ae8b1c950b79e2ab0a0ed3b.png