DeployCentral

Intel NUC 5i5RYH / NUC5i7RYH

nrobbins

I see there are platform packs for the Intel NUC models NUC5i5RY and NUC5i7RY.  I have many devices that are the NUC5i5RYH / 5i7RYH and am not able to deploy to these machines.  There  are very minimal hardware differences.

Has anyone been successful with these models?  It seems the platform packs should work, but alas they do not, in multiple tests.

Thanks.

N

Hi Nathan,

Platform Packs only work for a device if that device is an exact match for the expected model identifier in the system firmware. There is no logic for "minimal hardware differences" - we will only use the pack if it is the exact model that we expect. This is by design, to ensure that only the correct pack will be used for a particular device.

Sometimes there is some variability between model identifiers within a single model series, and sometimes a single driver set can support multiple models where the only difference is the screen size, for example.

If you have a device that you aren't sure is served by an existing Platform Pack, you can go ahead and submit the Platform Pack Request Form (here), and we will advise whether an existing pack can be updated, or whether this will require a new pack to be created.

SmartDeploy Support Team

TECH RESOURCES

SmartDeploy User Guides

DeployCentral Forum

Platform Pack RSS

SOCIAL

SpiceworksTwitterfacebookyoutube