DeployCentral

Issue while running multiple imaging instances at once.

Raistline

Hello,

I am hoping that a fellow user of Smeart Deploy or support person may be able to help me out with a problem/inconvenience I have run into.

I am running smart deploy from a WDS server, currently on Server 2008 R2 so that I can boot to and install our images via PXE.

The problem that I am running into is that I am not able to run more than 1 install at a time when using Smart Deploy. When I have a second, or more installs running at the same time the installation always freezes at the exact same spot. I have tried to look at the log files but cannot find anything. The spot that the install freezes at is immediately after "Apply Image 2 of 2" but right before "Updating Boot Code".

If I run a single machine at a time or wait until one machine restarts and begins SysPrep there is no issue at all. The install will move from "Apply Image 2 of 2" to "Updating Bood Code" without any hesitation at all.

We have a large deploying occurring soon and we need the ability to image more than 1 machine at a time. Having to sit there waiting for Smart Deploy to finish and SysPrep to begin is a waste of time and makes using the unattended installation worthless.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you.

Hello,

Run two deployments at the same time. When the second deployment freezes, can you close out of the Deploy Wizard and return to the splash screen? If so, click the link to open a command prompt and browse to X:\Windows\Temp\Deploy.log. Save deploy.log to a network share/usb and then send it to support@smartdeploy.com and we can take a look. Reference this thread as well.

If the Deploy Wizard completely freezes and you can't move/close it, try opening the command prompt first, then start the deployment. When the Deploy Wizard freezes you should still be able to access the CMD prompt.

We'll take a look what may be going on.

Thanks,

SmartDeploy Support