DeployCentral

Keep getting error "Not enough free space for deployment"

CTL

I keep get an error that there is not enough free space for a deployment on a Dell Latitude E6540 laptop with a 500GB hard drive. The virtual image that was used for creation only had 127GB virtual hard drive. I have been able to use these same USB deployment sticks on other Dell computers (OptiPlex 745, 755, 790, and 7010's) with drives ranging in size form 80GB to 1TB in size with no issues. Why am I getting a size limitation on a hard drive I know has plenty of room with a deployment that works fine on other computers? Suggestions would greatly be appreciated. :)

Hi James,

We see this issue occasionally with devices that have a small SSD cache included, so that's a possibility. Let's have a look at your WinPE deploy log, and that should hopefully tell us what's going on.

1. Boot to SmartDeploy media on the device.
  2. Launch Deploy Wizard. Click through the same steps as before to reproduce the "Not enough space" error.
  3. When you see this error, close the error, and close Deploy Wizard.
  4. Click the link at the bottom of the Welcome screen to open a WinPE command prompt.
  5. Enter the following commands, pressing Enter after each one:
    X:
    cd X:\Windows\Temp
    Notepad Deploy.log
  6. In the Notepad window, click File | Save As (or press Alt-F-A), and save the log to your external thumbstick.

Go ahead and send this log to support (at) smartdeploy.com, and we'll take a look.

SmartDeploy Support Team

TECH RESOURCES

SmartDeploy User Guides

DeployCentral Forum

Platform Pack RSS

SOCIAL