DeployCentral

HP Compaq Elite 8300

Chris

Hi,

I'm having issues getting our HP Compaq Elite 8300 machines to image since the latest update.

Previously when all packs were in our default platform pack these machines imaged fine.

Now we have moved over to having all packs in a specific location I'm seeing the following error

"the postimage task t:\platform\bios\hpqflash.exe -s could not be found​"

I've checked the platform pack and I'm able to see hpqflash.exe in there so don't believe it's an issue with the pack, however I've re-downloaded the pack to be sure and it's still giving me the same error.

I've tried attended and unattended answer files and this has not made a difference.

The boot media has been recreated a few times, specifically after re-downloading the platform pack.

Does anyone have any advice on this error?

Thanks

Chris

Hello,

It looks as though you're using an outdated pack of the Compaq Elite 8300 pack. They were last updated on 8/8/2015 to fix this issue. Download the latest versions and you should not recieve that error.

It does look like the Compaq Elite 8300 All in One needs to be updated though. Are you using the All in One pack?

Thanks,

SmartDeploy Support

Thanks for the reply,

It's the 8300 and Not the all in one pack i've downloaded. I re-downloaded this pack this morning (12th August) and i'm still receiving this error. I think we have a pack from Feb which we may be able to use.

Thanks

Chris

We have verified the latest packs are on our website. You shouldn't be receiving that error as that is the old task. If you click on the BIOS node the following task should be displayed:

cscript.exe [PlatformFolder]\BIOS\Setup.vbs

Thanks,

SmartDeploy Support

I do see that in the pack i downloaded, however it didn't work when i tried it on Wednesday. I was in a rush for the machine so I've reverted back to the old boot media using out default pack and this worked fine.

I'll try again with the new boot media when i need to image another one of these machines.

Thanks

Chris