DeployCentral

Reference Machine/Image questions

Andrew Harmon

I'm working on creating an updated reference machine and deployment image and have almost got it where I want it. One of the things I want to accomplish is removing unnecessary apps in the Windows 10 environment that are unnecessary on business machines. Like XBOX, News Solitaire collection etc. I can get them removed from the administrator profile I have on my reference machine, but when I log in on the imaged machine they are back for the newly created profile. How do I remove them completely and make it so that any new user profiles will be consistent? Thanks in advance!

Hi Andrew,

You will want to run the following command on your virtual reference machine before running the Capture Wizard:

Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online | Out-GridView -PassThru | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage –Online

Just to note, if AppX packages are provisioned for All Users, and you uninstall it just for a user, then that will make Sysprep fail.  If they are provisioned packages, they have to be removed for all users.  We use the above PowerShell command to do that.  Sometimes takes some effort to figure out what package name goes with which app.

Thanks,

Devon

SmartDeploy Support