DeployCentral

Media Wizard boot disk creation - Not enough free space

cblack

I am updating our USB boot disk after adding a new platform pack. My current smartdeploy USB boot disk uses about 800MB of the current 16GB disk. I added one platform pack, and attempted to recreate the media. When I click next to create the disk I receive a message that says 'There is not enough free space to perform the operation'. Of course this seems self-explanatory, so I tried a 32GB USB drive, same message...I located a 128GB USB drive and it seemed to at least try to work, but ultimately failed with another error. I have tried several different USB drives, and rebooted the computer, same msg.

I realized that possibly the C drive on the computer creating the media may be causing this message, but I have over 120GB of free space on that drive so I don't think it's the cause. Any ideas on what might be causing the dramatic increase in disk space? What should I try to resolve this problem?

Please send your C:\SmartDeploy\Logs\MediaWizard.log from the SmartDeploy support. You can submit a ticket here: https://support.smartdeploy.com/support/tickets/new

Please refer to this thread in the ticket.

Thanks,

Devon 

SmartDeploy Support