DeployCentral

MSI / Application Pack not installing

DJ.

I have an msi that works fine and works fine with /qn (it's Dell command update if anyone cares)

When I deploy the MSI via SD, I get "Return Value(s): -2" in eventvwr.

I actually had this working at one point, but it only worked for 1 time. I've tested in VM's and actual machines with no luck. Figured I'd see if anyone had a 2nd opinion. 

My end goal is to;

1. Deploy SD with GPO (done)

2. Deploy DCU with SD (what I'm trying now)

I've done plenty of MSI installs through GPO so I'm hoping this is a SD specific issue?

I know SD can do drivers and I will test this feature, I just like have DCU installed as well.

I actually have a Dell Command Update pack (v3.1.3) that I've made for another customer that you can download. It's not an MSI, but an EXE. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zXTNqB3DcYIMsKAxfLRmcmt64Qj52ka7/view?usp=sharing

MSI installs should be pretty easy to do, especially if you use the new Application Pack Wizard. You can always send screenshots of your App Pack config pages to Support and we can help that way as well. 

Ugh. Your version works, but not with 4.0. Explains why I am having issues, I did this with 3.0 without issue a while back. Still gives error -2. 

If I make progress I will update here