DeployCentral

WIM with drivers included already

Brad H

I'm trying to see if it's possible for me to create an image for computers that will be offline (won't need smart deploy client installed), and my bosses made a deal with the computer manufacturer to send them the image to apply at shipping for the 40+ computers. Down the road I'll hope to use SD to create bootable thumb drives to reimage the computers with updates, or changes, etc. So, I'm just trying to see if there's a possible way to create the WIM I can send them initially which would include the drivers and such already, as SD applies the drivers at deployment normally? It would be nice to make the initial image, and also have it available in SmartDeploy after all the computers are in use, if that makes sense. I'll have to make my own platform pack as well, since this specific model isn't available (not a big deal). But I suppose if I can't do this, I'll just have to make the image on the device itself and send it back to them. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Hi Brad,

Just to clarify you want to send your image (made with SmartDeploy) to a manufacture for them to apply the image and drivers to machines? You could ship them an offline USB which would contain everything needed to deploy. Or you could send them the image via USB/Internet share, then the manufacture could install SmartDeploy and create offline USB media on their end. https://support.smartdeploy.com/support/solutions/articles/48000960965-create-usb-media

If that's not what you're trying to accomplish, let me know and if you could provide a bit more detail that could be helpful. If it's easier, feel free to email support@smartdeploy.com with more detail.

Thanks,

Devon

SmartDeploy Support

5 minutes ago, SmartDeploySupport said:

If that's not what you're trying to accomplish, let me know and if you could provide a bit more detail that could be helpful. If it's easier, feel free to email support@smartdeploy.com with more detail.

i'll send an email over, thanks!