DeployCentral

Windows 10 Pro version 2004

olydrh

Are there any known issues with Windows 10 Pro version 2004 at this time?  Has it been validated?
First attempt using VM created using the Windows 10 media creation tool - ISO. Ran updates and shut down, then captured image. So a clean install.  Used a copy of an 1909 answer file edited to use new image.  Created offline USB media with Dell platform packs.  Install went fine but had an fail message during sysprep.  Boots to login, but once I log in, black desktop with the bottom toolbar flashing about once per second. I can use Ctrl+Alt+Del to get to task manager, etc and I can reboot or shutdown.  But for sure have an issue.

I will try again to see what happens.

Hello,

As of this writing, Windows 10 Version 2004 is not yet supported in SmartDeploy. Microsoft made several changes to the default partition structure which has required some changes on our end as well. We're working on a version that will support Windows 10 Version 2004, and it should be out in the next week or two.

What you're describing sounds like a Sysprep error, which is interesting - it's not an error we've seen in our testing. We'd like to take a look at a logset from this deployment if you're willing to send one in - I'll reach out via email with instructions for that.

If anyone else is reading this at a later date and has questions about Windows 10 Version 2004 support, please reach out to support@smartdeploy.com.

Regards,

Glenn
SmartDeploy Support

Hi all,

Yes, that is correct - SmartDeploy version 2.0.3080 was released today, and it does support Windows 10 Version 2004.

Please note that as with any new version of Windows 10, we do not recommend performing in-place upgrades on an existing reference VM that was created with an older version of Windows 10 Version 2004. You should create a new, blank VM and install Windows 10 Version 2004 using OS media from an official Microsoft source (such as the VLSC or the Media Creation Tool) which includes that version.

If you have already created a suitable reference VM and captured it using an older version of SmartDeploy, you can keep using the same reference VM, but you will need to recapture your image using SmartDeploy version 2.0.3080. This is because the partition structure has changed, and we had to make changes to the product on both the capture and deployment side to support this new structure.

If you have any questions or issues, feel free to contact us at support@smartdeploy.com.

Glenn
SmartDeploy Support

On 6/5/2020 at 5:01 AM, Mark Andersen said:

I have the exact same problem as @olydrh .

Is there anywhere i can see a list of Windows Versions that is supported by SmartDeploy?

Hi Mark,

Apologies for the delayed response. You can see this information in the Release Notes (available on the SmartDeploy.com portal or via the Tools view in the console), which will list when support for specific versions was added along with a new version of the SmartDeploy software. When a new version of Windows 10 is released, our testing process takes time, and depending on whether or not changes to the software need to be made, it may be a few weeks following general availability before we support that version.

1903 and 1909 did not require any changes to SmartDeploy to support those versions, but 2004 did require some, as have previous versions.

We recommend keeping all of your old images and files until you have had a successful test of the new version.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out - support@smartdeploy.com.

Glenn
SmartDeploy Support