DeployCentral

Microsoft Store and apps are corrupted/missing

BB IT

Hi,

I've had this issue since 1803:

After deployment Microsoft Store is corrupted to the point where only a manual re-installation of Windows 10 will make it available along with the associated apps.

And some apps like Photo Viewer is missing completely.

I have double and tripple checked that all is well and functioning on the reference machine, and made sure all the apps are updated.

And then, once in a blue moon, I'll get a deployment where everything is fine.

Does anybody know exactly what goes wrong, and how to fix it?

Hello,

We will need to take a look at some deployment logs in order to see what caused this. Please boot to SmartDeploy media on the affected device click the Collect logs option, save the resulting zip file to an external location. Submit your logs here and please reference this forum post.

Thanks,

Devon

SmartDeploy Support

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2019 at 2:42 AM, BB IT said:

Hi,

I've had this issue since 1803:

After deployment Microsoft Store is corrupted to the point where only a manual re-installation of Windows 10 will make it available along with the associated apps.

And some apps like Photo Viewer is missing completely.

I have double and tripple checked that all is well and functioning on the reference machine, and made sure all the apps are updated.

And then, once in a blue moon, I'll get a deployment where everything is fine.

Does anybody know exactly what goes wrong, and how to fix it?

What do you see in the start menu? Do you see "msresource://" on some of the apps that are not working?

• 2 months later...

You should do some research into how imaging/sysprep can affect the default profile where the Windows Store Apps (cache) is concerned.  I believe I've avoided most issues, most of the time by either disabling the Windows Store App update service and/or disabling network interface for a period of time before shutting down VM prior to capturing the image.

We will need to look at the full log files to see what is going on.

Also, did you run any 3rd party applications to customize the start menu or uninstall or remove any of the built in appx packages?

Please send us log files from the instructions above.

Thanks,
Devon

SmartDeploy Support