DeployCentral

Registry Files Are Still In Use

Currently in my evaluation period so looking to get some help setting up my initial deployment.  When trying to capture an image, I'm getting an error stating "Registry files are still in use on this Virtual Machine."  The error suggests running shutdown /s /t 0; which I have done several times.  I'm getting this error on 2 different VMs.  Both VMs are using VirtualBox with Windows 10.

Any insight would be great.  The product looks perfect for us, but not if I can't get it to work at all.

Hi Chris,

Antivirus software running on your host can cause some of your VM files to be in use, and can trigger this error. Try disabling a/v and retrying capture. 

If the issue persists, please send us your Capture Wizard log - C:\SmartDeploy\Logs\Capture.log

Send to: support@smartdeploy.com

Glenn
SmartDeploy Support

I'd add that a/v or other security software on the Ref VM can cause the same thing. It's less common, but it can even happen with other random software.

You didn't perform an in-place upgrade to v1809 did you? That's another thing that causes all kinds of problems in capture/deployment.

Finally, a great alternative to issues like this is to rule out the host, and perform a warm capture. Here's a guide for that: https://support.smartdeploy.com/kb/article/35-performing-a-warm-capture/

• 2 months later...

I might be late to the game but I ran into a similar issue. I am using my vCenter/vSphere environment to build my reference machine. I then copied that machine over to my workstation (where SmartDeploy is installed) to import as a reference machine. After some troubleshooting, I noticed that because I had downloaded and copied the files from my vSphere environment, my workstation was treating the files as potentially bad. I had to view the properties of each of the files I downloaded and "Unblock" my system from not trusting the file.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...