DeployCentral

Application packages

Romulo

In my organization, by default, desktops won't have office installed unless is required. Laptops always have office installed. What I would like to do is to have one Gold image, no office installed and using the application package load office if the pc being imaged is a laptop. Is it possible? I have built an Office application pack and created a filter that will check if the computer is laptop ( Haven't tested yet).

Also my office install is customized, so I added the parameters to the run command to use my MSP.

Placing application packs on USB is something I'll let the team know about. I could see it being useful in some scenarios.

Currently, it's just one application pack at a time, but it's another item we can look into. It's still beta right now but we are excited to expand more with application pack capabilities!

Placing application packs on a USB would be a must. As for my situation, I will have to create two images, one with Office and one without. That kind defeats the idea of Gold Image.

With that said, can I save\capture two differen images to the USB drive? It would be one with Office and one without and how to I deploy/select the image to be installed?

Romulo; You can place as many images on your USB drive as you can fit. When you create your Offline Media, whichever Image you have set in your Answer File will be copied to the USB drive by the wizard. You can then use File Explorer to copy additional images to the \z\ folder, and then interrupt the unattended deployment, and use the Deploy wizard to select the alternate image you want to deploy.

Alternatively, you can create media without an Answer File altogether and manually step through the Deploy Wizard, selecting whichever image you want to deploy that you've copied to your USB drive.