DeployCentral

USMT in Refresh scenario

Nagaraj

Hello, I am currently trying to utilize the USMT feature within smartdeploy in our environment. It works great for in-place upgrades but i am trying to find a way on how i can utilize smartdeploy's USMT in refresh scenarios. For Ex: if we are upgrading a user's laptop to a newer model. I know in SCCM we can create a Task sequence just to run the USMT and capture everything from the old laptop and restore the data on the new laptop by creating computer associations. Wanted to know if there is something similar available in smartdeploy.

I am running smartdeploy version 2.0.3020. 

thanks..

Hi Nagaraj,

Unfortunately, this is not currently supported in SmartDeploy.

Automating this is feasible, but it would involve a multi-step process (running Scanstate on the source machine, and then selecting, on a per-deployment basis, a USMT file to be used to run Loadstate after that specific deployment). I know it's on our product roadmap for a future release, as it's something we do occasionally get a request for, but my understanding is that we're still working out exactly how this would work from a user perspective.

So I can't give an exact timeline, but this will likely be available in a future release. If you have any questions in the meantime, please feel free to reach out to support@smartdeploy.com, and be sure to reference this thread.

Glenn
SmartDeploy Support