DeployCentral

Microsoft Store Apps not working on deployment

I have finally discovered a workaround for the issue where Microsoft Store Apps break when you deploy an image!

All you need to do is go into the Cortana search bar and search for the app that is broken, such as Calculator.

Once you do that, open it from there. The program will open normally and from there on out, and you can then view it in the start menu.

I hope this helps someone. This has saved me loads of time.

We resolved this issue with the latest version of SmartDeploy (2.0.3005).

Download it here: https://www.smartdeploy.com/download/smartdeploy/

Then recreate your boot media via the Media Wizard and redeploy your image and you should have no more broken apps.

Thanks,

SmartDeploy Support

I downloaded the latest version of SmartDeploy, rebuilt the image entirely, updated every app in the Microsoft Store, ran all Windows Updates, captured the image again, created new boot media, and redeployed the fresh image. I still got broken apps. This time, it was a little worse because other apps that had never broken before (such as the weather app) were now broken, and the default apps were even swapping to something called TWINUI.

Did I miss a step somewhere? It didn't seem fixed from my experience.

I am unsure. I haven't attempted that yet as my fix described in my first post managed to resolve the issue for me, so I never attempted to create a new profile.

However, I can say that I captured another image and the Windows Store Apps were working fine. The difference between the two, however, was that one has Microsoft Office installed, while the other doesn't.