DeployCentral

Deployment isues

BB IT

Hi,

I'm having a weird issue when deploying an image.

I have a clean Win 10 image that has been through the SD mill, and can be deployed with no issues.

Then I have the same image after installing my software, but whenever I try to deploy it I'm asked to specify the network path, and manually choose my new image.

Both images have the same settings in the answer file and during the media creation. I have triple checked the credentials.

The only difference is that my first image was created before I upgraded SD to version 2.0.3000, while the other was created today.

What gives?

I'm having this issue as well, but I notice that its happening to a specific model. So far I have tried this on 2 models of computers, one is automatically displaying the network path of the image, and the other makes me manually put it in.

Hi there,

When this occurs on the faulty device, is there a valid IP address displayed in the lower right corner? Are you able to complete the deployment if you enter the network path and re-enter your credentials?

Regards,

Glenn
SmartDeploy Support

Given that you're able to proceed manually once you re-enter the path and credentials, this likely indicates that one of these items is faulty or invalid in the current answer file. Go ahead and re-run Answer File Wizard to recreate your answer file, then recreate your media, then retry deployment.

If the issue persists, go ahead and email us at support (at) smartdeploy.com (and be sure to reference this thread) - we'll want to get some logs from you to troubleshoot further.

Regards,

Glenn
SmartDeploy Support

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case someone else have this issue:

Glenn provided the following solution:

1) Open your answer file with a text editor

2) Search for " <network_share>"

3) Change the drive letter to something else that you do not normally use and save the changes

4) Recreate your media