DeployCentral

Modifying original Virtual PC image

When an image has been created ; if you then want to go in 3 months later and apply the latest Windows Updates to it, it doesn't let you as Windows complains about activation.

Is there a way around this, or can you only modify your original image for a small amount of time?

When an image has been created ; if you then want to go in 3 months later and apply the latest Windows Updates to it, it doesn't let you as Windows complains about activation.

Is there a way around this, or can you only modify your original image for a small amount of time?

Yes, you can update your virtual reference machine overtime, however you will need to account for product activation. Depending on the licensing model that you company uses the manner in which you accomplish this could vary. I would suggest activating the virtual machine if you intend to use it and update it overtime.

Yes, you can update your virtual reference machine overtime, however you will need to account for product activation. Depending on the licensing model that you company uses the manner in which you accomplish this could vary. I would suggest activating the virtual machine if you intend to use it and update it overtime.

Ok, I'll see what my colleagues say about charging each client for 1 additional license, so their base image has that functionality.

Basically though for me, I was hoping to have 1 base image, that when I then need to build for a new client I can modify that one to suit ; looks like I won't be able to :(