DeployCentral

Unable to access C$ with a Domain Admin account

All the machines that have been deployed using SmartDeploy no longer work using C$ and a Domain Admin account. If we use a local admin account on the machine, it works fine...... All other Windows 7 and Windows XP machines that were built "the old way" ie. not via SmartDeploy still work as usual.

Has anyone ever come across this before?

All the machines that have been deployed using SmartDeploy no longer work using C$ and a Domain Admin account. If we use a local admin account on the machine, it works fine...... All other Windows 7 and Windows XP machines that were built "the old way" ie. not via SmartDeploy still work as usual.

Has anyone ever come across this before?

I have never come across this before, is the machine being added to the domain and is the domain admin listed as an administrator on the computer you are trying to access?

Thanks,

Erik

I have never come across this before, is the machine being added to the domain and is the domain admin listed as an administrator on the computer you are trying to access?

Thanks,

Erik

Hi Erik,

The machine is manually added to the domain and Domain Admins is listed in the local Administrators group.

Hi Erik,

The machine is manually added to the domain and Domain Admins is listed in the local Administrators group.

Do you receive any specific error? Like unable to locate the network path? I would check that simple file sharing is disabled on the XP machines, and that Windows 7 machines are on a network identified as a domain network. You might also want to check the advanced sharing options in Windows 7, this and the network identification are found in the Network and Sharing Center. Other than that maybe see if there is a firewall blocking anything.

If you are still having problems you can send us over the netsetup.log from c:\windows\debug and we can check to see if there were any problems in the domain join process.

If you need specifics on how to change any of the sharing settings listed above let me know.

Thanks,

Erik

Do you receive any specific error? Like unable to locate the network path? I would check that simple file sharing is disabled on the XP machines, and that Windows 7 machines are on a network identified as a domain network. You might also want to check the advanced sharing options in Windows 7, this and the network identification are found in the Network and Sharing Center. Other than that maybe see if there is a firewall blocking anything.

If you are still having problems you can send us over the netsetup.log from c:\windows\debug and we can check to see if there were any problems in the domain join process.

If you need specifics on how to change any of the sharing settings listed above let me know.

Thanks,

Erik

I'll check on Monday which is when I'm next on-site.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...