DeployCentral

Change Windows 10 CD Key

I need to change the Windows 10 CD key for my image to a GVLK to work with my AD activation services.  When I look at my answer file using the wizard, the wizard automatically detects a CD key, but won't let me change it.  Is it possible to change the key?

Thanks

Dale

Hey Dale - When you capture your image, you have an opportunity to specify the Windows product key. If you do, the Answer File Wizard will detect this, and won't ask you for it again. 

You'll need to re-capture the image, to a new WIM file. If you prefer, you can skip the key in the Capture Wizard, and instead put it in the Answer File, where it will be easier to change going forward should you need too. 

• 3 months later...
On 6/7/2019 at 5:55 PM, DaleJohnson said:

I need to change the Windows 10 CD key for my image to a GVLK to work with my AD activation services.  When I look at my answer file using the wizard, the wizard automatically detects a CD key, but won't let me change it.  Is it possible to change the key?

Thanks

Dale

Dale, every time you make a single tiny change to the answer file, you have to rebuild ALL deployment media. I would give this a try.