DeployCentral

Office 365 has to be repaired after deployment

Hi,

We are using the Microsoft E3 suite for our users, and I have to run an online repair of Office 365 after each deployment due to the "this app can't run on your pc, to find a version for your pc, check with the software publisher." error.

I've followed best practice section on page 13 in the user guide for every built/rebuilt of my images, but the issue still persists.

Have anyone got it to work, and what exactly did you do?

It's not that much of an issue, as it usually only takes 20 minutes, and I can finish up other tasks in the meanwhile, but it would be nice to have it fixed :)

Usually the only real catch is to avoid opening any Office apps after installation. You mentioned the user guide, but just want to make sure you caught that.

Here's the link to Microsoft's guide for installing O365 on a reference system for deployment. It's got a little bit more information; https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployoffice/deploy-office-365-proplus-as-part-of-an-operating-system-image

I did open the applications on my first image to check that our add-ins were installed correctly (and then I read the user guide), but on the second image I created after wiping the VM, I never touched it.

I'll try reinstalling it with the link you provided. Thanks.

• 1 year later...

I am seeing the same thing on my 1903 systems. If I us the 32 bit version it works fine but with the 64bit version you have to do a repair to get it to work. I have not opened Office and verified that by checking with ossp tool. In the reference image everything looks good but when rolled out all of the Office icons are blank. An online repair fixes it but it is a bit of a pain with 50 or more machines. Any ideas on whats causing it or possibly a work around. I am going to see if I can get it to deploy after imaging with the application pack but not sure if it works with Office 365.

Thanks

Darren

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed 365 with teams onto 4 of my images. All 4 work flawless when I image a PC and then authenticate into Office365 with their credentials. I am not downloading and installing from a EXE. I am using the 365 deployment toolkit and performing the install thru CMD and silently. Also, I am NOT opening any of the office apps before closing the VM.