DeployCentral

SmartDeploy.iso

Jeff_D

Good Morning Everyone,

I have a Win10 v1709 Image built, and having a hell of a time with trying to capture it... when trying to use the wds.iso I have had for many releases up til now it has worked fine to perform the Warm Image Capture as out outlined here on Page 76 in the user guide 

I noticed on my server that runs the Smart Deploy it doesnt list the SmartDeploy.iso as mentioned by Support to use in the \Program Files(x86)\Smart Deploy\*.* directory anywhere....

So am wondering if there is a newer updated version I can obtain that would help, since currently I get a error that says "Image not created with Smart Deploy Capture Wizard" when trying to use for the Answer File and then cant continue and bombs out the process...

And the Capture Wizard is not working either... and it isnt mounted on the server in the background processes at all, as I have run the following commands and it comes up clean:

To troubleshoot the issue regarding the error and unmounting; Please send me the output from the following commands run from the server elevated command console prompt:

dism /get-mountedwiminfo

dism /get-mountedimageinfo

If anything is listed; run

dism /cleanup-mountpoints

I am using the latest build of 2.0.2097 Enterprise

The files in "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartDeploy\SmartDeploy Enterprise" would be SmartDeploy_x64.iso and SmartDeploy_x86.iso. If those files are missing, then you'll need to re-install SmartDeploy. There's no official 'wds.iso' so I'm assuming that's just DVD boot media that was created by someone, and named as such. Whenever you update SmartDeploy, you have to re-create your boot media. I suspect your wds.iso if from an older version. 

Also; the absence of any wims/images following the 'get-mounted' is good, as it means there isn't a mounted image stuck. That would be related to a problem creating new boot media. But if the SmartDeploy_x64.iso and SmartDeploy_x86.iso files are missing; you need to re-install SmartDeploy.