DeployCentral

Query keyboard

shanatas

Hi,

Everything is working fine, except one little thing i would like to change.

When you boot and you get the first screen where you have to choose your image,...

I browse to my network share but it is a query keyboard, is there anything i can do to change

this to azerty?

Thanks!

Shana

Hi,

Everything is working fine, except one little thing i would like to change.

When you boot and you get the first screen where you have to choose your image,...

I browse to my network share but it is a query keyboard, is there anything i can do to change

this to azerty?

Thanks!

Shana

Hi Shana,

The Windows Preinstallation Environment that we utilize is sealed with the QWERTY keyboard layout. This is changeable, however would take some custom work on your end.

1. Create boot media through the Media Wizard
  2. Get the Boot.wim out of the Sources folder on the root of the media created in step 1
  3. Mount the Boot.wim with DISM (dism /mount-wim /wimfile:c:\boot.wim /index:1 /mountdir:c:\mount)
  4. Use DISM to change the keyboard layout (dism /image:c:\mount /Set-InputLocale:nl-NL) there is a list of InputLocales here
  5. Unmount the WIM and commit changes (dism /unmount-wim /mountdir:c:\mount /commit)
  6. Add the Boot.wim that was modified back to the Sources folder of the media created in step 1

Thanks,

Erik

Hi Shana,

The Windows Preinstallation Environment that we utilize is sealed with the QWERTY keyboard layout. This is changeable, however would take some custom work on your end.

1. Create boot media through the Media Wizard
  2. Get the Boot.wim out of the Sources folder on the root of the media created in step 1
  3. Mount the Boot.wim with DISM (dism /mount-wim /wimfile:c:\boot.wim /index:1 /mountdir:c:\mount)
  4. Use DISM to change the keyboard layout (dism /image:c:\mount /Set-InputLocale:nl-NL) there is a list of InputLocales here
  5. Unmount the WIM and commit changes (dism /unmount-wim /mountdir:c:\mount /commit)
  6. Add the Boot.wim that was modified back to the Sources folder of the media created in step 1

Thanks,

Erik

Hi Erik,

I tried it with Windows AIK i used the tool command,

- I first opened the iso file en I copied the boot.wim from the sources file to c:\temp

- Then I opened the deployment tools command prompt and used the : dism /mount-wim /wimfile:c:\temp\boot.wim /index:1 /mountdir:c:\mount

- then: dism /image:c:\mount /Set-InputLocale:nl-NL

dism /image:c:\mount /Set-UserLocale:nl-NL

dism /image:c:\mount /Set-SysLocale:nl-NL

- the dism /unmount-wim /mountdir:c:\mount /commit

this al seems to work properly.And I exit the prompt

To add the changed boot.wim file I then used PowerIso. I opened the existing .iso file and I removed the old boot.wim and added the c:\temp\boot.wim file that I changed.

I save it as an Windows7.iso but when I use it in my virtual machine it's still a querty keyboard in stead of a azerty.

I don't understand what I did wrong. Could you help me out?

Thank you very much!

grtz Shana

Could you please help me, I can't seem to fix it. When I use fr-FR, it works but when I choose a wim file it gives an error..

thanks!

Hi Erik,

I tried it with Windows AIK i used the tool command,

- I first opened the iso file en I copied the boot.wim from the sources file to c:\temp

- Then I opened the deployment tools command prompt and used the : dism /mount-wim /wimfile:c:\temp\boot.wim /index:1 /mountdir:c:\mount

- then: dism /image:c:\mount /Set-InputLocale:nl-NL

dism /image:c:\mount /Set-UserLocale:nl-NL

dism /image:c:\mount /Set-SysLocale:nl-NL

- the dism /unmount-wim /mountdir:c:\mount /commit

this al seems to work properly.And I exit the prompt

To add the changed boot.wim file I then used PowerIso. I opened the existing .iso file and I removed the old boot.wim and added the c:\temp\boot.wim file that I changed.

I save it as an Windows7.iso but when I use it in my virtual machine it's still a querty keyboard in stead of a azerty.

I don't understand what I did wrong. Could you help me out?

Thank you very much!

grtz Shana

Hi Shana,

What is the error that you receive when choosing the boot.wim? Also when in the process does it occur? Also when you mention that it works with fr-FR, does that mean that the locales are updated when booting to the pre-installation environment, or the DISM commands complete?

Thanks,

Erik