DeployCentral

Difficulty in Creating Offline Media

Workstation with Smart Deploy installed - HP DL360 G6 Server

Smart Deploy version 1.1.1950

OS Windows 7 x64 - virtual machine (28GB)

I'm trying to create Offline deployment media using the Media Creator of Smart Deploy, and the process stops at ISO disk creation 0 of 2, and will stay there for hours on end. The Windows 7 WIM works fine when deployed to a workstation using a basic Smart Deploy PE boot disk. The size of the WIM is about 8GB. I haven't had the same issue when creating a Windows 2008 R2 offline deployment media. The only difference between the two is the size of the WIM, which the Windows 2008 R2 WIM being about 4 GB.

Any tips or solutions?

Thanks.

You could try the following to see if it resolves the problem for you.

• Clear the contents of the %temp% folder
  • Download and install SmartDeploy version 1990
  • Ensure you have enough disk space to store the image 3 times (i.e. 24GB)
  • Try to create your media again

You could try the following to see if it resolves the problem for you.

• Clear the contents of the %temp% folder
  • Download and install SmartDeploy version 1990
  • Ensure you have enough disk space to store the image 3 times (i.e. 24GB)
  • Try to create your media again

Installed version 1990.

I remade the platform pack and wim file. Using the Smart Deploy PE image boot disk shows there is nothing wrong with the ppk and wim file. However, when I create offline media (either dual layer or single layer DVD). I get a Windows Boot Manager error stating that Windows failed to start.

File:\windows\system32\drivers\iaStorA.sys

Info: Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing or corrupt.

I have already made 5 DVDs, and I keep getting the same error on different machines. When I use the Smart Deploy PE image boot disk and point to the location of the PPK, answer file, and WIM on an USB drive, everything loads fine, so that tells me the PPK, answer file, and WIM are fine.

Sorry you are having so many problems!

In regards to the boot manager error, does this occur when booting a machine from the DVD or after the image has been deployed? It would probably be good to send the Media.log from your machine to our support team (support [at] smartdeploy.com). They will be able to help you get it all fixed up in a more timely fashion. You can find the Media.log by opening the %temp% folder on the machine you are creating media from.