DeployCentral

HP 2540p & HP 8400

Milan0

Hi,

I have deployed my image VIA SmartDeploy around 60 times with no failures at all but I have come to deploy it to a HP EliteBook 2540p and HP EliteBook 8440p and both of these models bluescreen on shutdown or restart.

I have done some research on the error message and number that was given, which is 0x0000009F DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, and Microsoft suggests that it is a failure with a driver.

Have you come across this before? I would rather not have to create the Platform Packs again from scratch so if anyone has a work around that would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear that you are having troubles with these models. Are you using the Platform Pack from SmartDeploy.com? If not you can give those a download and see if it fixes up the problem.

If you are using the packs from the website could you please get me the following info?

• What OS are you deploying?
  • Are you able to successfully deploy without the Platform Pack?

Also it would be great for our support team to have a look at a few logs. First we would need the Deploy.log from C:\Windows\Debug, you can get this by rebooting the machine to SmartPE, hitting Shift + F10 to open a command prompt and then copying it to a USB or network drive. The other log to look at would be the minidump file from the BSOD. You can find it in the C:\Windows\Minidump folder. If you could send both of those over to support@smartdeploy.com we will take a look at them.

Thanks,

Erik

• 4 months later...