DeployCentral

Partition disk befor deploy of image

barhbarh

Hello,

I want to use Smartdeploy to deploy a image to a computer, but first i want to let it make a partion of 40GB for the image, and i want it to make a partion of the rest of the disk.

Target PC's can have 1 or more partions in the orginale state.

How dow i handel this with Smartdeploy?

Thanks is advice.

Barry

Hello Barry,

It sounds like you want to install the image to the first partition which is 40GB and create a blank formatted partition the fills the rest of the disk, is that correct? If so you can check out this forum post that addresses the same setup.

Let me know if that's not what you are looking for, or if there are problems.

Cheers,

Erik

Hi Barry,

Disk 0 should be the disk that you want. You can always double check by opening a command prompt in the boot media (hit Shift + F10 once the machine boots to SmartPE) and using diskpart. Once the command prompt is open type diskpart, then hit enter and type list disk and hit enter again, this should show you all of the disks. You will want to use the number corresponding to the internal HDD. If the internal HDD doesn't show up in diskpart let me know what computer model you are deploying too, as it may need a driver for the disk controller in SmartPE.

Thanks,

Erik

Hi Barry,

Disk 0 should be the disk that you want. You can always double check by opening a command prompt in the boot media (hit Shift + F10 once the machine boots to SmartPE) and using diskpart. Once the command prompt is open type diskpart, then hit enter and type list disk and hit enter again, this should show you all of the disks. You will want to use the number corresponding to the internal HDD. If the internal HDD doesn't show up in diskpart let me know what computer model you are deploying too, as it may need a driver for the disk controller in SmartPE.

Thanks,

Erik

Thanks, works fine now ( i think i did something wrong)