[SOLVED] - a fatal error occurred while trying to sysprep the machine

Good morning,

Been using the same image for a while now, minor tweaks here and there, nothing major..  However starting Friday with a new capture I started getting the above error after the image was deployed to a machine, and in turn it obviously would not work...

I've recaptured the image 3 times since then hoping it was a fluke, with no such luck...

I can't get into a machine that has received this error, so I can't check any logs or events, etc...

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

-Corey

1 hour ago, CoreyOli said:

It may have something to do with this:

Known issue: Sysprep fatal error due to April 25, 2022 Preview and May 10, 2022 Windows Updates : Support Center (smartdeploy.com)

I'm uninstalling the update on the list and will retest...

-Corey

This worked...  Leaving for others in case they run into the same issue and see this first!

• CoreyOli changed the title to [SOLVED] - a fatal error occurred while trying to sysprep the machine
On 5/19/2022 at 9:57 AM, tomsiemers said:

CoreyOli - 

How did you uninstall the bad updates? I can't uninstall them using the support center instructions and DISM won't do it either claiming the update cannot be uninstalled.

Tom

I simply fired up the vm, went into update history and removed it from there, nothing fancy.

-Corey