DeployCentral

Software Install Step

Nagaraj

Hello - Is it possible to add a software install step such as AV install in USB image deployment? While creating the Answer file i tried adding a task(post image) with a command line to install our AV software. The installer files are kept in the z folder within a subfolder. The command line in the answer files looks something like this:

<command>[AnswerFolder]\z\foldername\setup.exe /silent</command>

but i get an error saying D:\z\foldername\"setup.exe /silent" cannot be found. Am i doing anything wrong here. Please advise.

Hello

Software installation (or any other command line operation) can be added in the Tasks pane, via the Deploy Wizard (or Answer File Wizard) advanced options. Tasks can be run during any phase of deployment, and the easiest option is to run them from a folder on C:\ on the target device. To do this, you would copy the installer files to an easy-to-remember folder on the reference VM (such as C:\Software) prior to capture, then add a silent/unattended installation command via the Tasks pane. The exact syntax for silent/unattended software installation will vary, so you’ll want to check the documentation for that specific software to be sure. Here’s an example of a common software task:

Phase:                                 First boot as system

Command line:                 cmd /c "C:\Software\Antivirus\Setup.exe /s"

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:12 PM, perry said:

What should not be installed on the virtual machine vs what should be installed via command line?

Can I install Microsoft office to the virtual machine? 

I've got office 365 installed on my reference VM as well as a acrobat reader and java. Other software that is name dependent I have configured in a few install scripts that run after the deployment process.