DeployCentral

Media Wizard Unmounting Image Error

mchromey

Running into an error with Media Wizard while using my trial evaluation of Smart Deploy.  So far everything has worked great but when creating either Boot Media or Offline Deployment Media I get an error: An error occurred while unmounting the image file, Media Wizard will now close.  Looking at the progress bar it seems to fail while unmounting SmartPE.  I tired multiple USB keys as well as a DVD-RW with no luck.  Appreciate any help because so far I am really enjoying this product as an alternative to Symantec Ghost while my department is currently using.

Hi Michael,

Glad to hear it's going well otherwise! Per our message, we'll continue troubleshooting this one with the log that you sent via email.

For anyone else reading, if you have experienced any errors with Media Wizard, feel free to contact us at support (at) smartdeploy.com, and send your Media Wizard log, which is located in the SmartDeploy directory (default location: C:\SmartDeploy\Logs\Media.log).

Regards,
Glenn

SmartDeploy Support

888.7DEPLOY    toll-free

SmartDeploy®

Learn about our award winning

Windows deployment solutions

www.smartdeploy.com

www.deploycentral.com

Twitter: @SmartDeploy

Facebook: SmartDeploy

Spiceworks: Spiceworks

• 7 months later...

Hi Al,

Unfortunately, this is not an issue that has a single solution for every user, as the issues that cause it tend to be environment-specific (user permissions or security software interfering with the operations of Media Wizard are the most common issues). If you go ahead and send us your Media Wizard log, we can see what's going on. 

You can submit the log via the Support form here:
https://support.smartdeploy.com/new

Please be sure to reference this DeployCentral thread when you submit the form. If you have any issues submitting the form, feel free to email us at support@smartdeploy.com. 

Glenn
SmartDeploy Support